The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) has announced Aug. 21-27 as the dates for this year’s Brake Safety Week. Brake Safety Week is an annual commercial motor vehicle brake-safety inspection, enforcement and education initiative conducted by law enforcement jurisdictions in Canada, Mexico and the U.S. During Brake Safety Week, inspectors will conduct their usualand capture and report brake-related data to CVSA. The results will be released in the fall.
To address this, CVSA’s Brake Safety Week seeks to:
- Identify and remove commercial motor vehicles with critical vehicle inspection violation items identified in the from roadways.
- Conduct inspections and identify and acknowledge commercial motor vehicles that do not have critical vehicle inspection violations by affixing those vehicles with a CVSA decal.
- Encourage proactive vehicle maintenance in advance of the week.
- Highlight the hard work and commitment to safety by inspectors, drivers and motor carriers.
- Remind drivers and motor carriers about the importance of proper brake maintenance and vehicle pre-trip and post-trip inspections.
- Provide an opportunity for outreach and educational brake-safety efforts by inspectors.